The rule of thumb for any internet marketer who is looking to use search engine optimization as a marketing strategy is to provide quality content. Content is king when it comes to SEO, but one of the best ways to generate traffic to your blog is implementing seo video marketing.
Video marketing is an extremely powerful way to build your brand as it usually resonates better with your targeted audience. While Google’s search engine can’t actually ‘read’ your video content online, it’s counted as major seo link juice for back links and getting your actual content such as articles and blog posts ranked online.
SEO Video Marketing Dont’s
In this blog post, I want to go over some of the do’s and dont’s of seo video marketing. Video marketing can be a challenging marketing strategy, especially for those who are shy and/or introverted, but one of the best ways to overcome your fear of getting in front of a camera is simply just to DO IT! The more you do them, starting off doing at least 3-4 videos a week and posting them on Youtube, you will quickly build your confidence for seo video marketing.
So whether your new to video marketing or a pro. Let’s go over some things to avoid when making your videos online.
- Not Providing Quality Content – In video marketing, the best way to get people to pay attention is to provide quality content. You would be surprised how many people on YouTube and other video sites offer absolutely no value to their videos. I personally find this annoying when I’m conducting searches within YouTube.
- Don’t Use Misleading Thumbnails – This aspect of seo video marketing is very common among video marketers. How many times have you been on Youtube and seen a thumbnail that looked like something you were interested in, but when you clicked on the link, it took you to something else unrelated to the topic, or even worse something totally irrelevant.
- Don’t Upload Your Videos More Than Once – If it’s one thing that Google can’t stand is duplicate content,this goes for videos as well. Once you’ve uploaded your video, Google indexes the video within their search engine. If they see this same video elsewhere on the web, it could cost you your first page ranking within Google. Treat your videos like you do your written content, always upload original videos to build your brand and get you more exposure online.
- Don’t Download Other People Videos And Upload It To Your Account – This is not only creating duplicate content, but your violating copyrighted material. This has happened to me personally so please avoid from doing this online. This is would be considered a black hat seo video marketing strategy and should be avoided at all costs.
These are just some common things that I tend to see when it comes to Youtube and seo video marketing. But there are things that you should always do to promote your business when using this type of strategy.
- Try to use quality video recording equipment – Nothing irks me more than when I’m really interested in watching someone’s video online and I can barely make out the video or can’t seem to hear the audio. It takes away from the viewing experience and often causes people to click away from your video which could potentially cost you some traffic or even a converting lead.
- Sound energetic during your videos – This seo video marketing tactic is useful in getting your videos more views online. You really want to give off positive energy and enthusiasm when you record your videos, especially if you’re trying to promote your online business. You want your viewers to almost feel the energy coming through their computer screens to get them interested in what you have to offer.
- Try To Repurpose Your Written Content As Videos – Another useful way of implementing seo video marketing is taking your written content such as articles and blog posts and converting them into videos. I’ve just recently picked up an awesome program called Article Video Robot that excellent for doing just that. This also helps in building powerful back links from YouTube that will get you ranked quickly.
Click on the image below to see my very first video tutorial on RSS Graffiti
These are just a few of the do’s and don’ts when it comes to video marketing and building your brand. Using seo video marketing is one of the best ways also for creating back links to your content to place you on the first page of all the major search engines. Utilizing this powerful marketing strategy should be a tool in every internet marketers toolbox to build their online business. If you should have any other suggestions in regards to video marketing, please leave a comment here on the blog.